In last night’s Full Moon Gathering, we wrote breakup letters to our past selves and time traveled one year into the future to visit our new selves. With the Egyptian goddess of Ma’at and the Indigenous American Corn Mother as inspiration, we honored the natural life/death/rebirth cycle within and we used the “meander map” above as a kind of visual metaphor throughout the gathering.Continue reading
Hi there. I’m Wade and I’ll be leading a Full Moon Gathering tomorrow (Sunday) at 6PM via Zoom. If you’re reading this, you’re invited.Continue reading
One quarter of the country has been vaccinated, quarantines are being lifted, and I feel like one of those fumbling newborn antelope plopped down in the wide-open Serengeti with ten minutes to learn running before the lions arrive. I, and countless others with whom I’ve been in conversation over this past year, have changed. Our priorities have shifted, values realigned. We’re worried about losing ourselves out there. We want to go back. We don’t want to go backwards.Continue reading
I’ll be facilitating an online gathering this evening at 6PM PST via Zoom for anyone who would like to join in circle on this Aquarian new moon. I’ll pull some tarot cards to see what is coming up for the group and we’ll use that as a springboard into personal sharing. We’ll also set our personal intentions for this next moon cycle.Continue reading
A Ritual for Sun’s Return
- Find a dark place… Somewhere pitch black. A closet, a basement, or just crawl under a heavy blanket. Get yourself into total darkness. (If you’ve got a lighter, bring it for later.)
- Settle… Where does your gaze go in the dark? What do you “see” now? When we remove the light (outer awareness, ego), our rigid sense of self immediately begins to break down. Notice how you feel when you can’t see the world around you. Where does your awareness go now? Where are your problems? Who are you in this space?
- Slowly find the light... Spark your lighter. Or if you’re under a blanket, lift an edge slightly. Let yourself see everything anew – the strange shapes around you, the funny bend in your wrist, the oily shine of your palm. Who are you in this new light? Who might you be?
USING MAGIC TO MANIFEST THE LIFE OF YOUR DREAMS
I saw a client recently who was struggling with direction in her life. Should she get a new job? Go back to school? Move to a new city? Consistently distracted by petty family dramas, she was feeling powerless, overwhelmed and unable to get any sort of clarity for herself. She needed to find a way to tune out the noise of everyone and everything around her, in order to tune IN to what it was she truly wanted – a near impossible task for many of us, especially with the world noisier than ever.Continue reading
🌀 R e i m m e r s i o n R i t u a l 🌀
- What shadows did you discover in quarantine?
- Write them a letter of thanks for their guidance.
- Burn the letter.
- Whisper goodbye to the rising smoke.
Yes, by all means, breathe in the light. Yes, absolutely, focus on the positive. Pull out the crystals, light up the sage. Keep yourself safe. But don’t bypass what you’re feeling right now. This is the moment. Scary, messy, uncertain, full of potential. You were made for this, remember? You are no stranger to trauma. This is your wheelhouse. A natural healer, you are well equipped to thrive. Trust.Continue reading
The next time you have some quiet time to yourself, try this:Continue reading
Intuition is having a moment. Search the hashtag on Instagram and you’ll get over 2 million hits. It’s super trendy with the witches and the healers and all the new, new-agey folk (hi me!). Considering we’re living in deeply unsettling times, it’s natural that so many of us are seeking guidance and a stronger inner compass. But I often see intuition getting lumped in with things like psychic visions or other exclusionary skillsets which is disheartening and completely misguided.Continue reading